Who we are
Our journey began in 1972 and over the years grown to a full scale manufacturing unit for stationery products in Kenya & beyond. At Kartasi, we are rooted in the tradition of our family values and business expertise. We’ve over time built a brand that has stood the test of time. Our journey has been amazing so far and we want to soar high long into the future.
Kartasi is derived from a Swahili word a karatasi which means paper, to depict our core business of making exercise books. However, to keep abreast with changing market trends, we have diversified to a wide range of stationery items.
We have eight big brands under our belt:
1. KARTASI – This is our flagship brand which is synonymous with premium quality. Under this brand we have a vast range of products including exercise books, writing pads, counter books, box files and document wallets among others.
2. HIT – This is our standard quality exercise books and writing pads brand made to perfection proving that quality is not always expensive.
3. NJEMA – This is our price sensitive exercise books brand made of newsprint paper.
4. AFRI – This brand consists of Industrial & home use tapes and labels.
5. PILOT – This is our pens range to suit every writing need. Pilot is a renowned brand across the world originating from Japan. Kartasi Industries is the exclusive distributor of Pilot in Kenya.
6. BANTEX – Bantex is the leading manufacturer and supplier of stationery in South Africa. We have high quality box files, lever arch files, document folders, magazine & letter holders, desk & drawer organizers, staplers, pen holders, memo cubes, paper perforators, glue sticks among other amazing products under this brand.
7. DISNEY & MARVEL – We are the first licenced manufacturers of Disney and Marvel products in East & Central Africa. With the Disney & Marvel characters, we have created an exciting range for kids.
Our winning Culture
As we grow as a company, it has become more and more important to explicitly define the core values from which we develop our culture, our brand, and our business strategies. These are the six core values that we live by:
1.Deliver WOW through our Products
2.Embrace and Drive Change
3.Be Adventurous, Creative, and Open-Minded
4.Pursue Growth and Learning
5.Build a Positive Team and Family Spirit
6.Be Passionate and Determined.
Our vision is to be an integral part of a child’s education- from the time a child begins holding a pencil, at School, University and when stepping into the professional world. Kartasi will always be the right companion.